A wild education for your group
Kent Wildlife Trust offers long term Forest School programmes, as well as six week Introduction to Forest School programmes and one-off experience sessions.
Forest School has been shown to:
- Improve self-esteem, confidence and resilience
- Improve mental and emotional wellbeing
- Help develop problem solving skills
- Improve communication skills and teamwork
- Encourage learning about the natural world
- Develop respect for the environment and a connection with nature
- Build learning capacity, encouraging creative and independent thought
- Fires and fire lighting
- Shelter building
- Tool use and wood crafts
- Campfire cooking
- Environmental art
- Bug hunting
- Species identification
- Team building games
- Plus much more...
Schools and groups at a Kent Wildlife Trust Forest School site £200 full day
(Canterbury, Sevenoaks and Bough Beech) £120 half day
Outreach sessions - our mobile Forest School can £250 full day
come to your setting or local woodland £170 half day
Prices for school groups are subsidised
Forest School Teacher Workshops
A great way for schools to gain a deeper understanding of Forest School through practical workshops. These sessions are excellent for continuing professional development and as team development days.
Participants gain an understanding of Forest School principles in action and experience the benefits to physical and mental health produced by spending time in nature.
- Learn about the ethos of Forest School
- Understand the benefits to children’s learning, behaviour and development
- Engage in a variety of practical and team building activities
Forest School teacher workshops at our sites: £300 full day