These terms and conditions govern the Kent Wildlife Trust Photography Competition 2019. The competition organisers are Kent Wildlife Trust. By accepting the Terms & Conditions of the competition and subsequently submitting your images, you have entered into an agreement with Kent Wildlife Trust.
The organisers reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions without notice.
By entering the competition, you agree to the provisions of these terms and conditions and to comply fully with them.
The competition is open to anyone except those directly involved with the competition and judging (including their families and relatives).
If you are under the age of 18 you must have permission to enter from your parent or guardian. By submitting an entry for the competition, your parent/carer/guardian is deemed to have given such consent and to agree to the use of the entry as described in these terms and conditions.
The closing date for submissions is 8th December 2019. All submissions received after this time will not be eligible. Please note that sending is not proof of receipt.
The Organisers cannot be held responsible for emails that do not arrive due to the entrant’s email security settings or restrictions placed by their Internet service provider.
Your entry must be submitted digitally via the process outlined on our webpage: https://www.kentwildlifetrust.org.uk/get-involved/photography-competition. No other forms of entry will be accepted.
By submitting images to Kent Wildlife Trust Photography Competition, each entrant confirms and warrants that:
- they are the sole author of each entry and that it is their original work;
- they own the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of each image;
- they have the permission of anyone pictured in the image (or, where the image shows any persons under 18, the consent of their parent/guardian) for the usage rights required by Kent Wildlife Trust and will indemnify Kent Wildlife Trust against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement;
- they have not licensed or disposed of any rights in the image that would conflict with uses to be made by Kent Wildlife Trust;
- they have received any necessary permissions from the owner(s) of objects including buildings included in submitted images for the usage rights required by Kent Wildlife Trust and will indemnify Kent Wildlife Trust against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement.
What to enter
Photographs must be a minimum 1MB – maximum 5MB file. Entries must not have been a ‘winner’ in any other photographic competition.
A maximum of four entries may be entered per applicant and you may distribute these amongst the categories however you wish. No single image may be entered into more than one of the categories.
An image will be rejected if it appears to have been taken in such a way that wildlife law or animal welfare requirements may have been breached or it has been otherwise taken in an irresponsible way.
All plants must be non-cultivated.
Domestic pets and farm animals are not eligible, nor are native or exotic wildlife photographed in zoos, sanctuaries, shows and fairs or similar locations.
Kent Wildlife Trust reserves the right to remove or refuse any entries from the competition for any reason.
A panel of Judges will select images based upon technical skill, diversity, originality and creativity of composition. Judging will be made up of selected Kent Wildlife Trust staff and volunteers. Judges will assess entries to establish category winners and commended photographers, and collectively agree on the overall competition winner. The organisers will select judges from a wide interest pool to ensure objectivity is maintained from year to year.
Digital adjustments are acceptable; however, the way in which any digital enhancement or editing has been used will be taken into account when judging the entry. Cropping is allowed.
The decision of the organisers is final and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the competition’s judging and organisation.
Announcement of winners
Judges will choose the winner and commended photographers from each category. All winning images will be displayed in an online gallery.
The overall winners will be announced in December 2019.
By entering the competition, you grant Kent Wildlife Trust a non-exclusive, irrevocable licence to reproduce, enlarge, publish or exhibit, on any media, the images for any purpose to further its aims and objectives. More specifically to use:
- At presentation events, including exhibiting the images in and around Kent.
- On the Kent Wildlife Trust website, Kent Wildlife Trust social media channels and Kent Wildlife Trust email communications.
- In Kent Wildlife Magazine (Wild Kent) and associated Kent Wildlife Trust products for the purposes of promoting the competition and raising funds for Kent’s wildlife.
- In the press for the purposes of publicising this photography competition and the promotion of Kent Wildlife Trust.
- In conjunction with the main sponsors to further promote this photography competition.
- In conjunction with selected Corporate Members in the promotion of Kent Wildlife Trust
The organisers will make every reasonable effort to ensure that name credits are given to any photograph published in any medium.
We will keep your details on our secure database to enable us to use your images (see usage rights) send you information about the annual photography competition and other information about Kent Wildlife Trust or the Wildlife Trusts. We value your support and do not pass on information about you to any group or individual outside the Wildlife Trusts.
Indemnity and Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Kent Wildlife Trust excludes its liability for any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by you, whether directly or indirectly and howsoever caused, in connection with the competition and use of any prize. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude Kent Wildlife Trust’s liability for death or personal injury arising from Kent Wildlife Trust’s own negligence or any other liability that cannot, as a matter of law, be excluded.
You agree to indemnify Kent Wildlife Trust and keep Kent Wildlife Trust indemnified against any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by Kent Wildlife Trust as a result of your entry in the competition, including (but not limited to) any claim of infringement of intellectual property rights made by any third party.
The information given in these Terms & Conditions is correct, but Kent Wildlife Trust reserves the right to change any of it without prior notice. By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions. Any breach of these Terms by an entrant will void their entry. If a breach has occurred but is discovered after the award of a prize, then the organisers may require the return of that prize.
You agree that if you are a winner or commended photographer you will take part in and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name and photograph in such publicity, for example, the publication of photograph(s) with your name in Wild Kent Magazine.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Prize Terms and Conditions
Kent and Sussex Holiday Cottages
- There will be one overall winner, who will be announced by Kent Wildlife Trust alongside the winners of each category.
- The competition prize comprises of a two-night stay at Bumble Barn, Stelling Minnis, which must be claimed by 30th December 2019 and taken within the 1st Jan 2020-1st June 2020. The maximum occupancy must only be 4 people for the 2 days. The prize is subject to availability and the owner’s discretion and is not valid for peak school holiday dates. No cash alternative.
- Kent and Sussex Cottages will contact the winner directly to organise the prize on receipt of their contact details from Kent Wildlife Trust. The prize winner may extend their stay at their own expense.
- All entrants must be able to transport themselves to the cottage.
- All entrants must be aged 18 or over.
- To claim the prize, the winner must agree for their details (name and place you are from) to be shared via the Kent and Sussex Holiday Cottages website and social media.
- If the winner books a date and has to cancel within 14 days, no new dates can be offered.