Forest School Volunteer
Working alongside small groups of children and their accompanying adults.
We are looking for volunteers who are;
- Friendly and enjoy working with children
- Good communicators
- Enjoy working outdoors in all weathers
Some experience of working with children and schools and in outdoor education is preferable for this role, although training can be given where required.
*As we often work with groups over a longer period of time references and a DBS check would be required
We currently run Forest Schools from two Kent Locations, with other outreach activities taking place with schools across Kent throughout the year, subject to prior arrangement.
Sevenoaks Wildlife Reserve
How will this help?
- Developing an understanding and appreciation of nature and sustainability with future generations
- Assisting and supporting our staff and tutors to enable activities to run smoothly
- Support the People Engagement team to increase children’s connectivity to nature when visiting Kent Wildlife Trust and in the wider community.
- Support the development of new ways to engage people in lifelong learning.
- Offering more individual attention to visiting school groups
- Encourages young people to appreciate and respect the environment.
- Share and learn new skills, whilst working with like-minded people