Temporary: Senior Finance Officer
To apply for this role, please download the application pack below and submit your completed application using the link at the bottom of the page.
Kent Wildlife Trust has a positive approach to equality and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
Closing Date: Mid-day on 28th September 2018
Interview Date: To be confirmed
The Job: The post holder will be a member of the Support Services team, which incorporates Finance and Administration. This department provides staff, management, Trustees and a large number of funders with the financial information required to keep them fully informed.
Typical duties may include, but not limited to:
- Processing all incoming monies from whatever source and recording these in the relevant ledgers of the Trust and its subsidiary. This includes preparation of the banking.
- Keeping the major ledgers and other books of account for the Trust and its subsidiary
- Inputting the annual budget into the accounts system and supervising the opening of new nominal accounts.
- Reconciling relevant accounts in the nominal ledger with subsidiary ledgers and all bank accounts on a regular basis
- Generating regular debtors and creditors listings, undertaking credit control and investigating suppliers’ unpaid invoices.
- Processing all suppliers’ invoices and generating all sales invoices for the Trust’s subsidiary
- Generating the sales invoices of the Trust.
- In co-operation with the payroll administrator, process and pay staff and volunteer expense claims.
You: Will have experience in accounts, preferably to AAT standard, with a good all-round understanding of operating accounting software such as Sage Line 50, Sage Payroll, Access Accounting or similar accounting packages. With demonstrable experience in small to medium-sized business accounting and general office routine, and the ability to multi-task in a busy office environment. You will need a mature approach and the ability to communicate effectively, and a willingness to become part of the team. Experience in charity accounting and electronic banking is desirable.
Kent Wildlife Trust is the leading wildlife charity for Kent and Medway, supported by its members and staffed by committed professionals. We are all working to protect wildlife and to find better ways to run an efficient and effective organisation.