Pollinator friendly gardening (Online Course)
About the event
Pollinators need more than flowers. To encourage them in our gardens, we must cater for all stages of their lifecycle. This interactive course will explain how in simple easy to follow steps & allow time for group discussion
The session will start with a power point presentation (approx. 45 min), followed by a Q & A session. Participant numbers will be restricted to a maximum of 15 to enable time for all participants to take part
- Types of pollinators & their lifecycles
- Habitat requirements during each part of life cycle
- Basic principle of pollinator friendly gardening
By the end of the course it is expected that you will:
- Understand which animals are the main pollinators in the UK & their lifecycles
- Understand what these animals need during the various stages of their lifecycle
- Understand how we can cater for these needs in our gardens
Led by Maureen Rainey- organiser of Kent’s Wild about Gardens scheme (now renamed as Wilder Gardens) since 2008. RHS level 2 diploma in the principles and practice of horticulture.
Suitable for gardeners of all levels
This course is now fully booked but you can add your name to the waiting list by clicking on the orange 'Join Waitlist' button further down this page.
Know before you go